I have a passion for teaching! If you are looking for a tutor in Math, Science, and/or English, or prep for the ACT or SAT, I can help and even make studying fun.
- Formal Education:
- Princeton University - Master's in Public Affairs
- University of Utah - Master's in Meteorology
- Cornell University - Bachelor of Science (double majored in Atmospheric Science and the Science of Earth Systems with a concentration in Climate Dynamics)
- Math and Science experience: The field of meteorology is heavily based on physics, thermodynamics, and involves calculus and high levels of math. So, at Cornell I took four semesters of engineering math and a year of physics. My graduate programs at the University of Utah and Princeton were heavily math and physics based.
- English: I wrote articles for Climate Central and the Satellite Educator's Newsletter. I even earned an A+ in a writing course at Cornell.
- Teaching Experience: I taught college courses at the University of Utah. These courses involved complex math and science topics. I also taught 5th grade courses in science in Salt Lake City. I spent two summers teaching the public as a park ranger in Yellowstone National Park and a year teaching park service staff about climate change. I can teach young children and college students (all are welcome to learn).
Cost: Tutoring sessions are $75/hr.
Contact: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information...
- Subject: Tutoring Request
- Your name
- Student's name (if different from yours)
- Subject to be tutored
- Preferred tutoring time(s)
- Other information about the material that you think will be useful